The 30 Day Drawing Challenge is complete! I AM SO HAPPY!! This has been a great experience for me, and I’m glad I got to share it with you! So many exclamation points being used!
Reflecting on the last 30 days, And thinking of some of the questions asked, I thought I take a moment to share some thoughts with you. You know I can’t resist an opportunity to organize my thoughts into a list!
- Where did the prompts come from? For this challenge, I wrote the prompts. I wanted to create a challenge with words that could be interpreted different ways and that didn’t repeat past challenges.
- What were the benefits of this challenge? Drawing through “bad” drawing days was a definite bonus. My inner critic quieted down. I didn’t have time to indulge in critical thoughts, I had a drawing to get done! I did more reference searches, and focused on communicating the prompt. I could hear my voice again, and developed an appreciation for my style. Another benefit was meeting new characters and finding stories that might be used later.
- What were some of the drawbacks to this challenge? Drawing without a day off for 30 days was intense. Some of the days, I didn’t feel well (“Messy” and “ouch!”) and just squeaked by. By the end, all I wanted was a day off, and would count down to the final day. “Only four more drawings!” “Celebration” was celebrating an accomplishment, but also the end of it.
- What is next? I need weekends, that time to recover and read books and weed the yard is important to me. But I loved the challenge of the prompts and sharing that with you. So I thought “I could take the 30 day challenge and just do it Monday through Friday”. My mom suggested calling it a “9-5” challenge, which I loved. Thanks to family and friends and some “what if” moments, I have a list of prompts to take on for Monday through Friday. I will organize them into a tidy list for y’all in case you would like to try it out too. I also have some story ideas and some I can’t wait to get started on and share with you. Finally, there are some unfinished drawings from this challenge I want to finish.
- When does all this awesomeness begin? Monday! I am taking Thursday through Sunday off. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
To see all 30 drawings, click and scroll through this gallery. The images will get nice and big. To exit the gallery, a small “x” is hiding in the upper left screen.
If you are interested in doing this 30 Day Drawing Challenge, here are the prompts! You can copy and paste this or make your own. Please tag me or link me to your challenge because I would LOVE to see your take on some of the prompts! Happy Drawing!