I’ve decided to create a picture book dummy for November.
Too often I say “I’m going to make a dummy!” and then something comes up in life, or I get insecure and afraid of failure. It’s so easy to say “I’ll wait until next week, I’ll do it tomorrow, I’ll just do it later tonight” and then POOF! Time has disappeared and the dummy has never happened.
NO LONGER, I SAY! It’s going to happen. I’ll share bit and snippets of my progress, but I can’t share TOO much about it because I want to get it published someday. My mother and I have been working as a team, and she’s been writing stories, and we want to make a go of trying to get published together, although we both agree that if one of us gets picked up but the other doesn’t, there will be no hard feelings.
If you are interested in creating a picture book dummy, or you just want to know more about them, there are some wonderful online resources available. I’ve listed them below. As the month goes on, I’ll share bits of my progress during our usual Wednesday post, and also new sketches 🙂
Resources for Picture Book Dummy Making:
- This awesome book by
- Dummies for Smarties post by Sarah Brannen
- Shawna Tenney’s Picture Book Dummy Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- This post by Wendy Martin with an included link to her e-book
- This post about layouts by Tara Lazar
- Some super awesome templates for planning by Debbie Ohi with more excellent resources